Call for Maps
As a geospatial conference, maps should certainly be a part of it ! That's why we decided to organise a Map Gallery exhibit : We invite contributions to the FOSS4G Map Gallery in order to create an exciting and vibrant exhibit of the very best in mapping. Contributing to the FOSS4G.be Map Gallery is simple: make a map involving at least open source technology or open data.
Your map can be the result of a commercial venture or a personal challenge. We encourage all attendees to submit their work on paper (A1) or via email (please also add a screenshot). Interactive maps are welcome as well (please provide us with an URL). You will also be asked to provide us with a short description of your map and possibly a brief statement of the methods, software and data you used in your map design and production.
To make it simple, the two criteria's for submitting your work are :
- The Map must have been created in 2015-2016
- At least one step of the production process must have been achieved using open source technology or open data. We invite all users, inventors or map creators from anywhere in Belgium or elsewhere to contribute to what will surely be an amazing Map Gallery.
On-Site Submission Guidelines
Email email@example.com (before September 18) and tell us to reserve a space in the gallery for you. Bring a paper copy of your map with you to the conference to hang in the gallery. The gallery map boards accommodate A1 paper maps. Larger maps are not allowed.
Online Submission Guidelines
Submit your map by September 18 via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Maps submitted online must meet the following criteria:
- Must be in .pdf format only (Include all fonts or convert to outlines.)
- Minimum resolution : 2342 x 3311 pixels (we’ll print the maps in A1)
Include this information with your map submission
- Title of Map
- Additional map authors
- Brief description of map. Please mention software and data used.
- Screeshot (if paper copy)